How much does it cost to book your favorite Band for your party? Price Economics broke them all down.
Price Economics – Ever wonder how much it costs to book your favorite band?
Thanks to Degy Entertainment, a booking agency, we can give you a rough idea: an anonymous source passed along a list of the rates suggested by the artists’ agents per show, pre-expense.
(Note: as a reader pointed out, these are asking prices from a third-party booking agency that specializes in college shows; as such, the numbers are likely inflated. Actual prices negotiated by many of these performers are contingent on a variety of factors.)
Before you read these lists, a few things should be clarified. First of all, they aren’t perfect: a few acts are out of place, or suspiciously off — we’ll try to address these below. You’ll also notice that there are a few anomalies, and acts that aren’t music-related (ie. Myth Busters, who you can rent for a mere $100k); Degy books speakers and corporate entertainment acts too, and a few slipped into these listings. Lastly, keep in mind that these lists aren’t comprehensive.
Below, we’ve organized the artists by purported booking fees from highest ($100k+) to lowest ($1,000).
Two thoughts before I do BUYS and SELLS: It is actually foreseeable that Beanie could book Snoop Dogg for Mitch-a-palooz. Second, Sugar Ray once was asked by Adam Carola a couple years ago where he’s touring. He responded by saying, “Anywhere you smell funnel cake.” Poignant.
- Selena Gomez ~ 85k to 125k: Absolute steal considering she’s Bieber on again off again girl. Booking her would bring everybody including maybe even Bieber? I think a cool 100 grand is an okay asking price to Bieber crashing your party. Maybe the greatest bragging rights of all time: I kicked Bieber out of my own party.
- Solange Knowles ~ 10k to 25k: In light of recent events, she could flip out again and for sure TMZ would be there. Money well spent.
- Tom Morello ~ 10k to 20k: One of the greatest guitar players of all time could easily cover just about any song in addition to RAGE music. Just a solid choice.
- The Game ~ 30k to 50k: Hate or Love it plus about a million other jams. Sure you would have to quadruple security and have a metal detector but that’d be a fantastic house party.
- Rihanna ~ 500k to 750k: It’s a high asking price but she’s the number one girl in the game. I’m #TeamRiRi for life so this seems like it should be over a million.
- Smash Mouth ~ 40k to 60k: I wouldn’t pay three dollars to see these bowling alley clowns and they’re from San Jose. Lotta shame about it.
- Tori Amos ~ 50k to 100k: GTFO.
- Of Monsters and Men ~ 150k to 250k: GTFO NOW.
- Jewel ~ 50k to 100k: I’m not dropping a college tuition to look at Jack London’s White Fang.
- Josh Groban ~ 350k to 500k: This is just egregious price gauging based on audience, but I do not doubt that there’s been a Bah Mitzvah or two done by him.
Sadly, the one guy I wanted to know’s price was not missing. It would be hilarious to request this guy sing random songs. Alas, I will never know. Andrea Boccelli.