It’s been two straight nights without an arson in San Jose
Mercury News – As the fire department continues to investigate a string of arsons, the city made it through a second consecutive night with no suspicious fires.
The San Jose Fire Department said no fires occurred early Tuesday morning, specifically in the neighborhood around downtown San Jose where at least 12 suspicious fires occurred between Wednesday and Sunday. The fires, believed to be the work of an arsonist, occurred between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. Firefighters have said at least eight of the fires were started intentionally.
As of Tuesday morning, the investigation continued with no suspects in custody.
“We’re actively and aggressively investigating, using all the resources that we have,” San Jose fire Capt. Cleo Doss said Monday. “Through our efforts and the community’s vigilance, we hope we can get this guy off the street.”
The San Jose Police Department is assisting in the investigation and on Saturday released a sketch of the suspect, whose image has been detected by surveillance cameras and an eyewitness.
Doss emphasized that people should be extra cognizant of suspicious activity in their neighborhoods and should call 911 if they see any suspicious activity.
“Do not attempt to confront anyone that seems suspicious,” Doss said. “We don’t know what this person is capable of.”
Firefighters have previously offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arsonist’s arrest, and had released a sketch of the suspect:
It’s quiet….too quiet. This guy is just trying to lull us into a false sense of security before the inevitable 9 alarm blaze.
P.S. This suspect could definitely be Boyd Crowder from Justified